Guest contributor: Chef Louise Mellor
This delicious, make-ahead spinach frittatas recipe works magic with few refrigerator staples.
Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 min Yield: 12 servings
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried bread crumbs
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (about 2 handfuls, loosely measured), chopped into small pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into small dice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and adjust the rack to the middle of the oven.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and bread crumbs, then set aside.
- Lightly oil or spray a 12-serving muffin or cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, half-and-half, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Evenly distribute the chopped spinach and diced red pepper into the 12 muffin cups and then carefully pour the egg mixture over the top of the vegetables. Fill each cup almost to the top and then sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool and then invert the pan to release.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.