Guest contributor: Erica Domesek of P.S.—I Made This
Q: Favorite Holiday? A: HALLOWEEN! OBVIOUSLY!
For as long as I can remember, Halloween has been my everything. Maybe it’s because I was born in October? Or maybe, it's just because it’s an entire season I can tap into all things creative and festive and celebrate with the people I love! Ever since having a child, Halloween has become way more fun, as now I get to involve my son, Wylie, in all the festivities.
Creating a fun Halloween party is easier than you think—all you really need is a fun activity, spooky treats and some festive decor! I created this downloadable DIY template with Evite for kids to create their very own spooky bat pumpkins at home. You just need a few supplies, some little cute pumpkins and you’re all set! Here’s how to make them with your kids:
Faux pumpkins (or real ones!)
1. Print the PSIMT DIY template + staple a black piece of paper to the back of the worksheet to secure it in place.
2. Cut out wings, ears and the hat pieces (cone + circle). Don’t forget to cut the inner circle in the middle of your hat base.
3. Before attaching wings, dot lines on the ears and wings to note where to fold them. This will make a flap for when you glue them onto your pumpkin!
4. Using hot glue, glue the wings onto the side of your pumpkin. Placing them at a slight upward angle will make them look more realistic.
5. Next, glue on the hat and ears.
6. Place some googly eyes on the front of the pumpkin to complete your spooky pumpkin!
But don’t stop at pumpkins! Having a party means you need treats, creepy-cute party decorations and a fun vibe that pulls it all together. This Halloween cookie decorating kit combines making a tasty treat with a creative activity, so it’s doubly enjoyable. Plus, it’s a great excuse to wear this Halloween apron. And if you’re looking for the most perfect pumpkin plates, nifty napkins and kid-friendly Halloween decor, you can find all of my picks here on Amazon!
All of the products we feature are hand-selected by our editors! You see only what we love and what we think you'll love too. If you buy something through links on our site, Evite may earn a commission. Prices are subject to change.