Guest contributor: Chef Louise Mellor
Yield: 18 cookies
- 1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large organic egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the peanut butter and sugar on medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add egg, yolk, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Mix on medium speed until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out 18 even balls of batter. Roll each ball gently in the palms of your hands and place onto lined cookie sheet. Leave about 1 1/2 inches between each cookie to allow for spreading while baking.
- Press a few pieces of chocolate into each cookie and sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly, then remove cookies with a spatula to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bag.