Is there a more classic savory brunch cocktail than a Bloody Mary? Whether you make it with or without vodka, this drink packs a punch with its unique flavor and bright color and will elevate any weekend brunch party.
Makes 6 servings
- 36 ounces tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 dashes Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups vodka (you can also skip the vodka to make virgin Bloody Marys)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 celery stalks
- Bloody Marys can be made ahead and be ready to pour over ice as soon as your guests arrive. In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients, except sliced lemon and celery, and stir. Refrigerate until ready to pour for guests.
- Fill each glass 3/4 of the way with ice. Stir pitcher to combine any settled horseradish and seasoning, then pour drinks. Squeeze a lemon slice right over the top and garnish each glass with a celery stalk.
Micheladas: Replace lemons and lemon juice with limes and lime juice. When pouring drinks, fill glass halfway with cold Mexican beer and top off with the Bloody Mary mix. Stir gently and garnish with fresh lime wedge and a celery stalk.